Wednesday 4 May 2011

Punchestown update

Well Kauto Star ran no race at all. He never really got into contention and the ground looked pretty firm despite the good description - I'm not sure Kauto has raced on ground that firm before. The only consolation is that I was right about Nacarat, Kempes and Tranquil Sea not looking likely winners and Kauto should have been odds on. At least I only had one point on it.

Carrigmartin was backed like losing was out of the question (5/2 !!). He didn't travel at all and was too free and pulling left all the way round. Again I'm not sure he liked the ground or maybe he's better left handed. Either way I'm pretty sure that wasn't his real form and he'll likely win a handicap off the low 120's before too long. Scotsirish won the race which a little annoying as he was my third choice but you can't back them all.

Not too good a day all round the only redemption being Overturn winning the Chester Cup.

A 3 point loss on the day - bank now 96.9 points.

I've got three for tomorrow at Punchestown which I'll post later.

No comments:

Post a Comment