Sunday 15 May 2011

15/05/11 - Market Rasen

No luck yesterday, one point loss on the day - bank now 94.68 points.

First race at Market Rasen 2.00.

Another poor race; you'd think the first three in the betting would have this sewn up.

Private Story has the best flat form by far and his trainer is in form. However he hasn't run for 212 days and in his last two flats he finished last. He only got his head in front once in ten runs on the flat and that was in a maiden. Enough negatives to put me off.
Phoenix Flight has been running over further and was beaten odds on last time. A stayer on the flat this might be a bit sharp for him.
Magic Prospect looks like he has the best form to me at around this distance and I'm not sure why he's the outsider of the three principles. Currently 4/1 if he reaches 5/1 I'd have a decent each way bet on him.

Out of the outsiders, Granwood, takes my eye at 50/1. He's improved in his two bumper runs and in his last run the race had a couple of previous winners in it. Speculative, but I think he has the ability to run into a place. Also, Betfred limited me to £1.65 e/w on him this morning!

0.5 point e/w Granwood 50/1 Betfred/Paddy Power BOG

No comments:

Post a Comment