Thursday 5 May 2011

05/05/11 - Chester

I'm not as big a fan of the flat as I am the jumps but I do love Chester. I've been there for the last 6 or 7 years and always had a good time and in recent years done OK on the betting front. Unfortunately I can't go this year but I will be watching on TV this afternoon.

I've picked two out this afternoon that I hope will run well

1.45 Barry Hills always does well here and Captain Bertie is on a really favourable mark  and the best draw. Slight odds on is probably value but I'd much rather find some each way value. Belle Royale looks value at 9/1. She's won on the course twice, has won on the ground and the distance. The mark looks workable and the trainer had a winner yesterday. The draw is not ideal but not quite as crucial over 7 furlongs as over shorter.

Belle Royale 0.5 pt e/w 9/1 B365 BOG 1/4 the odds (9/1 general)

4.35 Serena's Pride has a decent draw in 2 and ran in the Cherry Hinton last year and a couple of other group races. She's slipped down the handicap and I'm hopeful that she'll improve on recent runnings on the better ground. She's a bit shorter at 14/1 than I anticipated and I think she'll shorter further because there seems to be a bit of money for her. Speculative but worth a nibble.

Serena's Pride 0.5 pt e/w 14/1 Betfred/Paddy Power BOG

I'm off abroad for a couple of days so I'll update the blog on Sunday/Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment