Monday 9 May 2011

Monday 9th May Towcester

A loss last Thursday of 5 pts putting the bank at 91.6 points. Other than the review of the cross country race, which highlighted the front four, it was a pretty poor showing although I did tip an odds on winner (Big deal!).

I'm going to lay off the flat and leave that to others who know more than me.

Two at Towcester today -

17.30 I'm going against Bechers Brook Blog here and tipping Autumm Spirit. This is a really poor race and Autumm Spirit is easily the best of these. He didn't run that well last time off the same mark but I'm hopeful that the firmer ground and a longer break will see him back to his best. The opposition all seem pretty poor to me and I rate this a solid 7/2 shot.

1 pt win Autumm Spirit 7/2 Various

18:00 This mares hurdle lacks strength in depth. The top two Bellaboosh and Lucky Mix carry penalties for their previous hurdle wins and the form doesn't look up to much. I think there is likely to be something in here to trouble them. The other previous hurdle winner, Star Potential, won an even poorer race at Exeter; I can't see her getting into this. One that does interest me is Classical Rocker. She won a maiden point and then followed up in a restricted race only being beaten by a head. I would have been more interested if she'd been ridden by a jockey who carry the weight allocated. With his claim and overweight factored in she'll be carrying about stone more than she should so I'm a little surprised she's trading as low as 14/1. Look out for a jockey change. The one I like is The Strawberry One. She's been running and finishing her races well. The trip and ground look ideal and she has coursing winning form. At 11/2 she looks an eachway bet.

1 pt e/w The Strawberry One 11/2 Betfred, Paddy Power BOG

1 comment:

  1. Top bombing there from Seano. You certainly know your onions Seano and thanks to you I had a nice each way double. I don't want to be disrespectful but what is that 'hair action' that you have going on. Is that there for a bet or what. If you want to be taken seriously in this game, you should lose that thing for a start. Well done with those winners.

    ReplyDelete