Saturday 14 May 2011

Luck is preparation meeting opportunity

Obviously the jumps season has tailed off now and my knowledge of the flat is not up to scratch nor my judgement as good.

For the blog I've been trying to pick decent price selections in competitive races. Unfortunately this hasn't resulted in the profits I'd have liked. At this time of year this involves going through the form of lower grade horses that I know less about compared to the 'stars' running on better ground in the winter. This obviously takes time that I'm not going to have when I go back to work next week after 5 weeks off (long story). Therefore a change of tactics is required.

I'm going to pick uncompetitve jumps races where there is less form to plough through. If I can't dig up a value bet because a short price favourite looks likely to win then they'll be no bet for the day (unless I think it's still value). My first selection will be the first race at Bangor that I'll post separately.

The title of this post is a quote from an unexpected source. I'll leave you to google it but I think it is a useful think to bear in mind for betting and life itself. Give yourself a pat on the back if you can guess who said it correctly. I bet you can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment